Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tryouts?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Tryouts?
Do the Japanese League teams ever have open tryouts for Americans, or more specifically do they have open tryouts for recent college graduates from the U.S.?

Thanks!
Comments
Re: Tryouts?
[ Author: Guest: Guest | Posted: Jun 7, 2005 4:55 PM ]

Yes, I am an American who tried out for the Tokyo Giants and the Nippon Fighting Ham. In September they are all open tryouts. First you do a sprint of 150 feet or 50 yard dash, and then throw for minimum of [... message got cut off?]
[ Author: Guest: Farron | Posted: Jun 8, 2005 9:51 PM ]

Thanks for your reply.

The end of you reply got cut off. This is the type of information I was looking for. Would you kindly send the remainder of your reply? Thank you very much.
[ Author: Guest: yoyoyo | Posted: Aug 30, 2005 11:58 PM ]

Is there any chance I can try out for a Japanese minor league team? What are the requirements? Can someone give me info on this? I speak fluent Japanese as I'm half Japanese if that helps. I'm a pitcher with a four-seamer, change, and splitter.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 31, 2005 8:24 AM ]

I would read this page titled "So You Want to Play in Japan" at Japan Baseball Daily. It gives an in-depth description to your question.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.