Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

I need help!!!

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
I need help!!!
I am reseaching players for my annual AL keeper draft. I am looking for impact japanese players (their names anyway) who have any posibility of playing in the american league in the near future. The next Ichiro's if you will...I want bonafide japanese baseball league all-stars though...I have absolutely no knowlege of the JBL . I have heard there's a guy named matsui[?] who's pretty good.
Comments
Re: I need help!!!
[ Author: Guest: ASNSLGR | Posted: Apr 24, 2002 5:02 PM ]

There is no "Next Ichiro"
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 26, 2002 11:51 PM | YBS Fan ]

Just the title of the above Garland-Guru article, NOTE TO MLB: THERE IS NO "NEXT ICHIRO", says it all. All through this past off season, it seems that hundreds of MLB fans found this site and started asking "Who's the next Ichiro?" Somebody, somewhere, put into their heads that the two Matsuis are. And the questions came in non-stop asking about them.

Nonetheless, I wish I had seen this article earlier. There's no date, but it talks of Tanishige being available, so it was during that big "next Ichiro" search.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.