Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Norihiro Akahoshi

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Norihiro Akahoshi
Was Tigers' center fielder Norihiro Akahoshi injured the game before last? I noticed that he was pulled after one inning, and didn't play at all last night.
Comments
Re: Norihiro Akahoshi
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Jun 17, 2005 5:19 PM | HT Fan ]

Akahoshi apparently hurt his rib muscles (or something on the left-hand side of his torso - sorry, I'm not clear on this) when running to steal second in the first inning the other night. Sanspo reported that he was due to rejoin the team on Sunday, June 19.
[ Author: holygoat | Posted: Jun 18, 2005 10:39 AM | HT Fan ]

Thanks for the update. I figured he hurt himself on the stolen base - glad to hear he didn't injure a knee or ankle sliding into second as I feared.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 19, 2005 1:50 AM ]

But Akahoshi isn't really fully recovered to play yet, it seems. From what I've heard, the Tigers will play uprising Akamatsu in his place in the meanwhile.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.