Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tickets

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Tickets
I will be in Japan the first week of August and would like to get tickets to a game at the Tokyo Dome and at Jingu Stadium. How can I do so from the US?
Comments
Re: Tickets
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: May 25, 2002 4:07 PM ]

The only way you can get Giants tickets in Japan are throwugh "dafuya (scalpers)," since those games are sold out in perpetuity. However, you will not have any problems getting tickets for Nippon Ham games there.

As for the games at Jingu, you probably will be fine there, too, though if Hanshin remains in contention you could have problems getting tickets (if they drop a good ways back, though, I wouldn't worry about it). The games with the Giants draw a lot more than their normal home games, but I don't remember any of this season's Giants games selling out at Jingu.

As for procuring tickets, you should be able to get them through Ticket Pia (there are Lawson's, Family Mart and some 7-11 stores that have Ticket Pia counters) in Tokyo. Just keep in mind that it will be hot, humid, and rainy during that time. So bring an umbrella and dress cool.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 25, 2002 4:28 PM | YBS Fan ]

The first stop is the FAQ on tickets. In a nutshell, if you can read Japanese, e+ has both Giants' and Swallows' tickets available online.

If anyone has experience with those companies listed in the FAQ and/or any others (like ones where Japanese literacy isn't a pre-requisite), please share your experience with us.
[ Author: Guest: Mona Fukuhara | Posted: May 31, 2002 5:45 AM ]

I am traveling with two 15 year old boys in japan and would like to get the full japanese professional baseball schedule from July 26 to August 4 in English. my son plays for his high school team in Hawaii and his friend played for his high school team in Seattle, Washington. The opportunity to see a Japanese pro team is an event they wouldn't want to miss. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you mona
2002 Schedules
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 31, 2002 8:51 AM | YBS Fan ]

I really need to put these in a easier to find place, but the 2002 schedules are:

- Central League
- Pacific League

Enjoy the games.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.