Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Mail contacts for Japanese Teams

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Mail contacts for Japanese Teams
I and about 100 other US schedule collectors routinely try to contact the Japanese teams in hopes of getting some pocket schedules. Yes, I know it's silly... but that's what we collect.
The major problem is that none of us are literate in Japanese and there are very few sources for getting updated mailing addresses for the teams. We are always willing to include international postal coupons to help cover the cost of mailing ten schedules to the US, but we have no proper way of contacting the teams.
I have been able to deduce what you stated before- that email is not an easy way to go to contact teams. I would also guess that since we are asking for the actual physical schedules to be sent to us that it would be more polite to send a letter rather than an email.
Given what we are trying to achieve, do you have any advice or resources we might turn to for the information? We're all working off of old copies of Ed Kobak's International Sports Directory, and we're getting nowhere...
Comments
Re: Mail contacts for Japanese Teams
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 31, 2002 8:53 AM | YBS Fan ]

Snail-mail addresses for teams, along with phone and fax numbers can be found here.

Enjoy!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.