Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Database

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Database
I'm trying to create a comprehensive Lahman-style database of Japanese Baseball statistics for use in the German baseball simulator Out of the Park 4 (http://www.ootp4.com). Does any such database exist or will I have to collect all data myself?
Comments
Re: Database
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 23, 2002 10:29 AM | YBS Fan ]

Wanting to make my database more compliant with any standards out threre, I had a look at the Lahman baseball database. While the concept is exactly want I want to do with mine, the schema of the database is not very RDBMS (Relational DataBase Management System) friendly.

My conclusion to investigating the Lahman DB was that I would be losing too much data and relation functionality to be useful.

I looked through a good portion of the Out of the Park 4 site, including their FAQ, but was unable to find data schemas.

Entering data is still an ongoing project for me. I've got most of the star players entered, but it's by no means an exhostive list. And I have no fielding data entered. If you tell me what you want the tables to look like, I can generate them for the players I have (plus a reasonable sized list to enter). Just look through the Players section for an idea of what data I have.

If the data is similar to that used by the APBA simulation game, RobsJapaneseCards has an APBA page from which you can download Japanese team, all-stars, and season disks.

I'm sure there are more simulation fans out there who can be more helpful.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.