Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

BayStars Starting Time on Weekends

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
BayStars Starting Time on Weekends
I was hoping someone could help. Do the BayStars play day games on weekends at home in September? Are there any other Tokyo-Yokohama teams that play outdoors on weekend days, say the September 10th or 11th?

I know there are games at the Tokyo Dome during the day, but I like the outdoors when watching baseball.
Comments
Re: BayStars Starting Time on Weekends
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 21, 2005 9:12 AM | YBS Fan ]

You're in luck. According to the official Central League Schedule [NPB site], the BayStars host the Swallows at 1:30 and 1:00 respectively September 10 and 11.

The only other day game that day in the Kanto area (Tokyo area) is at Seibu Invoice Dome with the Lions hosting the Marines at 1:00 both Saturday and Sunday [Pacific League September Schedule]. While you did say you wanted to be outdoors, this dome is interesting in that, while covered, it is open to the outside all around. If there's rain (and it rains a lot in September), you might consider this venue.
Re: BayStars Starting Time on Weekends
[ Author: Guest: Al Luplow | Posted: Aug 21, 2005 2:43 PM ]

Thanks Westbay-san.

Right now my travel plans are in the air, other than needing to be in Tokyo on the 11th. I have an opportunity to spend the weekend in Okinawa, as I am flying to Japan by way of Taipei (much cheaper for business class) and it's cheaper to go Taipei --> Nara --> Haneda than Taipei to Narita. Go figure.

Anyway, Seibu Dome is a bit of a trek outside of Tokyo, I recall. Probably a lot of Kaz fans, so I will have to behave. But when I hear the Swallows, I think of that line from a movie I've forgotten about, a lady named spit or swallows - but I digress.

So it comes down to baseball or beach.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.