Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Trying to get Fighters' Goods

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Trying to get Fighters' Goods
G'day,

I'm an Australian who has a deep interest in baseball whether it is Australian, North American, or the Japanese Leagues, and I was wondering if someone might be able to help me.

For a long time I used to work for a company here in Australia which was owned by Nippon Ham, one of our bosses who knew I had a love of baseball gave me a calender of the Nippon Ham Fighters Baseball Club and since then I've followed them with great interest, although not as much as I would have liked.

Okay, here's my problem. I would like to buy some merchandise from the club, things like a replica player's cap, shirts and/or a replica jersey (either home, away, or practice) and unfortunately neither I or my computer can speak, read, or understand Japanese and the website is only written in Japanese.

I was wondering if someone could please email at my address if they knew of how I could get sizes, prices, and descriptions of the various items on the website so that I might be able to purchase something.

My email address is ianse@optusnet.com.au

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks for your time

Ian Emslie
Sydney Australia.
Comments
Re: Trying to get Fighters' Goods
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 10, 2002 4:27 PM | YBS Fan ]

Is there a reason that The YakyuShop mentioned in the FAQ can't work?

If you really want to buy directly from Nippon Ham, enter their URL in "the Fish," select "Japanese to English," then hit "Translate." I'd recommend getting a snapshot of the screen from the Fish then entering any credit card information directly into the Japanese page (which should be in secure SSL mode) directly. Of course, they probably don't ship overseas....
Re: Trying to get Fighters' Goods
[ Author: Guest: Ian Emslie | Posted: Oct 12, 2002 5:09 PM ]

Thanks for the quick reply, I will definately try to do that, but as you say, knowing my luck they won't ship to Australia. Will have to find another way to do it if it is so.

Thanks again.
Ian Emslie
Sydney, Australia
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.