Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Your top 5 Japanese players?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Your top 5 Japanese players?
Hello All -

My name is Jeremy Haber and I am just a baseball nut like my of you all. I was wondering if any of you could make a list of the five best Japanese players who have some chance of playing in MLB. I have read about the two Matsui's, but beyond them I have no idea. Any word on those guys? Will they be coming over for 2003? Any info would be most appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Jeremy
Comments
Re: Your top 5 Japanese players?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 7, 2002 8:54 PM | YBS Fan ]

I think that a couple good places to start looking for possible MLB defectors are the Nichi-Bei and Rumor Mill forums. Most of the possibilities are being discussed there.

A little research goes a long way.
Re: Your top 5 Japanese players?
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Nov 10, 2002 1:33 AM ]

For the likely immediate candidates, please see my article at BaseballGuru.com.

For an article on some guys who aren't yet eligible for free agency nor likely to be posted soon, see Mike Edwards' article at Acceleration.

Hope this helps.

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.