Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Where's Alex Ochoa?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Where's Alex Ochoa?
I noticed that Alex Ochoa's missed the last couple Chunichi games. With the Dragons still in the playoff race (though fading) I imagine he's been injured. Is that the case? How long will he be out for?
Comments
Re: Where's Alex Ochoa?
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Sep 14, 2005 12:58 PM | YAK Fan ]

From what I've read on sports websites this week, he was sent down to the farm team on the 11th I think it was. The news wasn't really a big headline, and I didn't see any word on when, or if, Alex would be called back up. This is the first time in his NPB career to be sent down.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 15, 2005 11:13 PM ]

Why was he sent down? I thought Alex had the third most home runs on the Dragons team, and his RBI's are pretty high, too. I don't agree with this decision, I think this will hurt the Dragons in the end.
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 8:47 AM | YAK Fan ]

Well looking at his stats for August, he hit only .208 for the month (18 for 88), but he still had 16 RBI, which averaged out with his other months. For the 8 games he played in September he was hitting .242 (8 for 33), which isn't great, but it's not horrible either. So I'm not so sure I agree with the decision to drop Alex based on his stats. There might have been something else that happened that wasn't reported in the papers.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.