Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2002 Gold Gloves

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
2002 Gold Gloves
Have the 2002 Gold Gloves been awarded yet? If so, who won them? If not, when will they be announced? Thanks!

Jim Albright
Comments
Re: 2002 Gold Gloves
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 10, 2002 7:13 AM | YBS Fan ]

I thought so, but all I could find were the Best Nine and other awards (NPB.or.jp - Japanese only).

I'll look into it later today. I'll be playing softball all day today in the Kanazawa-ku tournament.
Re: 2002 Gold Gloves
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 10, 2002 2:26 PM | YBS Fan ]

According to the Mitusi Golden Glove Award site (Japanese only), voting for the Golden Glove Award ended Saturday, November 9 at 0:00. The awards will be announced on Monday, November 11 at 15:00 with the cerimony at a hotel in Tokyo on December 10.

So, it looks like it'll be a couple more days' wait.
2002 Golden Glove Awards
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 12, 2002 11:36 PM | YBS Fan ]

Announcement posted here.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.