Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Matsuzaka's MLB Status

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Matsuzaka's MLB Status
I've gotten somebody asking about Matsuzaka's potential status for going to North America next year. I answered the question in the Open Talk forum, then he posted the question again here. When I tried to move the answer here, I lost it. (Sorry. Thought it was another duplicate when I had to re-approve it.)

Anyway, these Google results tell all that needs to be said on the matter. (Other than that I don't know where he got 7 years to free agency from - the powers-that-be are considering lowering the number of years, but haven't yet approved anything. Or did I miss that?)

Anyway, this kind of thing belongs in the "Rumor Mill" section. Did you check the other forums first?
Comments
Re: Matsuzaka's MLB Status
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Sep 23, 2005 12:42 AM ]

MLB Scouting Network has a thread on Keeping tabs on Daisuke Matsuzaka.
Re: Matsuzaka's MLB Status
[ Author: Guest: jimmm | Posted: Sep 27, 2005 1:11 AM ]

Yeah, that was me. Sorry about getting confused by the different forums. Also, when I post, I couldn't see it. When I went back later, I saw my posts. Again, sorry for the duplicity.

I tried to find where I had read about 7 years, but was unable to find it. When I read about him, there is always a difference of opinion about when he will actually become a free agent. Is there any league site to check that info?

Thank you for responding.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.