Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Has Rakuten signed Lin Ying-Jeh?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Has Rakuten signed Lin Ying-Jeh?
I've heard that Rakuten has signed Lin Ying Jeh from the Makoto Cobras of the CPBL. Can anybody confirm this?

I believe the rule that will allow one non-Japanese Asian to be on each team will be in place for 2006. Japanese teams are signing a lot of players from Taiwan.
Comments
Re: Has Rakuten signed Lin Ying-Jeh?
[ Author: Guest: Andrew | Posted: Dec 6, 2005 11:06 AM ]

Yes, the Rakuten Golden Eagles have signed left hander Lin Ying-Jeh. Lin met with the Giants, Dragons, and Hawks but found the Eagles were the team that would most likely give him an opportunity.

In two seasons in the CPBL, Lin won back-to-back strikeout titles. He carries a 145 km/h plus fastball, and has a devestating slider. Lin will likely represent Taiwan at next year's World Baseball Classic.

In March the 24 year old stated in a Taiwan newspaper that he would like to ply his trade in the Majors or the NPB.

We hope that Ying-Jeh will do well. Rakuten has taken a lot of steps to improve their ballclub this season. They will likely have Hisashi Iwakuma, Cedrick Bowers, and Lin Ying-Jeh as their top three starters.

With this signing, the CPBL takes another step towards the drainpipe. Lin En-yu, another member of the Cobras, looks like he has the talent to go to Japan as well.

Here's the original article on Excite News (from SpoNichi in Japanese).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.