Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ni-gun (Farm) Teams

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Ni-gun (Farm) Teams
I just read the other thread on ni-gun teams and I was wondering where these teams play? Do they normally play in the same city?
Comments
Re: Ni-gun (Farm) Teams
[ Author: Guest: Michael Eng | Posted: Jan 17, 2006 8:21 PM ]

Location of Ni-Gun Teams

* Different Prefecture
# Same Stadium Complex

Eastern League
Fukuoka Softbank Hawks (Fukuoka, Fukuoka)
Invoice Lions (Saitama, Tokorozawa) #
Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters (Chiba, Kamagaya) *
Yomiuri Giants (Tokyo, Inagi)
Shonan SeaRex (Kanagawa, Yokosuka and Hiratsuka) *
Chiba Lotte Marines (Saitama, Saitama)
Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles (Higashi-Murayama, Yamagata) *

Western League
Chunichi Dragons (Aichi, Nagoya)
Fukuoka Softbank Hawks (Fukuoka, Fukuoka)
Hanshin Tigers (Hyogo, Nishinomiya)
Surpass Kobe (Hyogo, Kobe)
Yakult Swallows (Saitama, Toda) *
Hiroshima Toyo Carp (Yamaguchi, Yuu) *

You might want to check out this stadium site out. In general, most farm team stadiums are near the parent club's stadium.

Hope this helps.
Michael Eng
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 18, 2006 5:48 AM ]

That site says that many of the stadium's have no fee for tickets. Is that true? I always thought Japanese ticket prices were pretty steep.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 18, 2006 8:30 AM | YBS Fan ]

I can only speak for Yokosuka Stadium (formerly Oppama Kyujyo) which is a 10 minute walk from home. Their prices are 1,000 for adults, which is very cheap. Elementary school children are 300 yen, middle and high school kids are 500 yen. (At least, these were last year's prices.) They also have a season pass which was somewhere between 3,000 to 8,000 yen (I don't remember exactly off hand). So if you just go to a few weekend games, you're coming out ahead.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Jan 21, 2006 2:18 PM | HT Fan ]

Surely baseball is one of the few cheap forms of entertainment in Japan. Even ichi-gun games are cheaper than most movie theatres, cheaper than a seat at a Yoshimoto comedy show, cheaper than most concerts, cheaper than a round trip on a coastal expressway, and many, many times cheaper than a shopping spree.

I guess you could get into an aquarium for less that a baseball ticket, but I don't think they have fight songs for turtles.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.