Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Anderson Gomes?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Anderson Gomes?
Does anyone have a good scouting report for Anderson Gomes? Basically stats is all I need.

Thanks.
Comments
Re: Anderson Gomes?
[ Author: Guest: highlight_reel | Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:43 AM ]

Just stats. Please.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 23, 2006 10:54 AM ]

Gomes never played a game at ichi-gun (the top-level) in his NPB career. His NPB minor league statistics are very hard to come by.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 23, 2006 11:41 AM ]

Well, can someone try to find them?
[ Author: Guest: Michael Eng | Posted: Jan 23, 2006 12:45 PM ]

All stats are for the Hawks ni-gun (Western League). He switched to the outfield after the 2004 season; I could not find 2005 stats.
PITCHING
YEAR G W L SV IP H HR BB HBP SO R ER ERA
2002 5 1 1 0 12.2 10 1 9 1 7 6 5 3.55
2003 8 1 3 0 24.0 27 1 30 3 9 25 22 8.25
2004 4 0 0 0 2.1 ? ? ? ? 0 ? 0 0.00

BATTING
YEAR G PA AB R H HR RBI SB BB HBP SO E AVG
2002 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -.---
2003 8 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.000
2004 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -.---
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 23, 2006 1:49 PM | YBS Fan ]

- I could not find 2005 stats.

That's because he didn't play at all at ni-gun either during 2005.

I've combed the Western League stats in the "2006 Baseball Record Book" (covering the 2005 season) by Baseball Magazine Sha (ISBN 4-583-03875-5) and came up empty in both pitching and batting. This is the complete record for all players who appeared. He's listed on the team roster, but not in any of the stats pages. I followed up by going through all of the other team rosters, but unless he changed his name when he was traded, he's not with a different NPB club.
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:25 PM | HT Fan ]

I wonder if the original poster realizes how rude his request appears. I would hope he has the good grace to offer a word of thanks now that he has what he wanted.
[ Author: matteo | Posted: Jan 23, 2006 9:45 PM ]

Here here, mijow.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 23, 2006 10:33 PM ]

I'm sorry. Thank you. At most forums this post doesn't seem rude. I thank you.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Jan 24, 2006 10:40 AM | HT Fan ]

At most forums this post doesn't seem rude. I thank you.

I guess that's also a valid point. It could be the starting point for all sorts of debates, but for now I'll stick to saying it's an indirect compliment to Westbaystars-san and the whole JapaneseBaseball.com community. This site is well moderated, the participants are all cordial, threads stay on topic for the most part, and things don't degenerate into shouting matches.

I sometimes wonder what kind of stuff Westbaystars-san filters out... but don't show us, mate -I have a feeling it'll just be depressing.

Anyway, enough of that. Good on you, Guest, for your latest post. Why don't you stick around and resister? This is an interesting site; you're sure to have fun.
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Jan 25, 2006 6:54 PM ]

As a side note, Gomes was released after they attemtped to convert him to an outfielder.
[ Author: Guest: Randar | Posted: Jan 26, 2006 7:10 AM ]

Gomes was signed by the Chicago White Sox with approximately 3rd round draft money, according to Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune and Baseball America.

He will be used as a center fielder and the Sox supposedly expect him to be pushing the major leagues by 2007 or 2008. Being talked about as "Soriano-lite."

I have no idea, as I've never heard of him before Phil Rogers talked about him.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.