Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Theme (Fight) Songs

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Theme (Fight) Songs
Are there any samples or MP3's of Pro Yakyu team fight songs? I'd love to hear some.
Comments
Re: Theme (Fight) Songs
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Mar 9, 2006 8:20 AM | HAN Fan ]

You can download the Hanshin Tiger's victory song - "Rokko Oroshi" from many websites. This is probably the most well known of all the team songs. There is also the Tiger's drinking song, "Sake o nomeru zou." Other teams songs are not nearly as popular.
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Mar 10, 2006 12:29 AM | HT Fan ]

This page (Asahi Net) has a .wav file of "Rokko Oroshi."
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:12 PM | NIP Fan ]

The Chiba Lotte Marines have some of their player cheer songs and the general fight songs up here.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 17, 2006 2:49 PM ]

- The Chiba Lotte Marines have some of their player cheer songs and the general fight songs up here.

Would someone mind translating the Matt Franco and Benny Agbiyani songs for me? I can obviously make out the "Let's go Matty" and "Let's go Benny" pieces, but the rest remains a mystery.

Thanks!
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Mar 20, 2006 7:01 AM | NIP Fan ]

Benny's song is just "Let's go Benny, oretachi no Benny" which means "Let's go Benny, our Benny."

Franco's is the same - "oretachi no Franco" - "our Franco."
[ Author: Sole_SL | Posted: Mar 11, 2006 3:17 PM | SL Fan ]

This site [Geocities Web Stand General Admission - in Japanese] has some good clips to hear and see. Just don't mind missing flies files for some of the clips.

[Corrected typo on Mar 12, 2006 12:55 PM, JST]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.