Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tigers Tickets

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Tigers Tickets
I want to attend the May 20 Tigers game in Koshien Stadium. It is the only game that might fit with our travel schedule. Do you know if tickets would still be available at the gate just before the game? (We are taking a train from Takayama to Kyoto that day. And might have time to get from Kyoto to the game at 2 pm, unless things take longer than planned. But I don't want to buy game tickets in advance, just in case.) Thanks for your help!
Comments
Re: Tigers Tickets
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 25, 2006 1:43 PM ]

Unfortunately, tickets are already sold out for this game.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Apr 25, 2006 7:20 PM | HT Fan ]

Another idea might be to watch the game at a pub frequented by Tigers fans. I don't know too much about Kyoto, but perhaps some other posters on this forum might be able to point you in the right direction (perhaps even a good Google search might do the trick).
[ Author: Guest: JR | Posted: Apr 26, 2006 7:50 AM ]

There are some pubs for Tigers fans right in the area around Koshien. This will at least let you have a look around the historic stadium. Though I don't condone it, there are usually some dafuya (scalpers) around Koshien. Whereas you can actually get tickets from scalpers for under face value at other parks, at Koshien, of course, you'll have to pay a lot.
[ Author: Guest: Red Sox Fan | Posted: May 7, 2006 10:31 AM ]

Thank you so much for the information. Forum posters just saved us from the stress of rushing to get to Koshien. Instead, we'll go to a pub in Kyoto and hope to find some fans. Arigato from Boston.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: May 7, 2006 12:58 PM | HAN Fan ]

Actually there is another way. Try one of the discount ticket shops around Takashimaya in Osaka. The tickets will be a bit more expensive, but you should be able to buy them on the day or the day before. Tickets were available for the recent Giants/Tigers series at not too expensive prices.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.