Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

NPB vs MLB Series?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
NPB vs MLB Series?
Do You know when the next Nichi-Bei Series is? And I'm curious, will it be in America or Japan?
Comments
Re: NPB vs MLB Series?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: May 17, 2006 8:36 AM | SFT Fan ]

It's this November in Japan.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: May 17, 2006 1:41 PM | TYS Fan ]

- will it be in America or Japan?

It's always in Japan as the idea is to promote the MLB in Japan.

But with the advent of the WBC I'm not sure how long the event will continue as it now (to me at least) seems a little superfluous.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: May 17, 2006 11:43 PM | SFT Fan ]

Though the WBC is only every 4 years.

[Note by Editor: The Nichi-Bei Series is every other year. I thought the WBC was to be every 3 years.]
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: May 18, 2006 1:11 PM | SFT Fan ]

Yes, my mistake the WBC is every 3 years.
[ Author: Guest: buymeabeer | Posted: May 18, 2006 4:58 PM ]

I'm on a correction roll today!

It's going to happen in 2009, and then every four years after that.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: May 23, 2006 1:13 AM | HAN Fan ]

When in November will the NPB/MLB Series take place? The Konami Cup Asia Series 2006 is scheduled for November 9 through 12 in the Tokyo Dome.

The Asia Series, for the second year in a row, will showcase the champions of Nippon Professional Baseball, Korean Baseball Organization, Chinese Professional Baseball League (Taiwan), and the Chinese Baseball Association All-Stars.

In the 1990s, the NPB/MLB [aka Nichi-Bei Series] was scheduled for even number years, as still is the case. On odd number years, the champions of NPB, KBO, CPBL, and the Australian All-Stars met. All games were in Japan.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.