Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tokyo Dome on May 26?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Tokyo Dome on May 26?
Hi,

I will be arriving at Narita airport around 3pm May 26th, and would like to see a game that day (6pm) at the Tokyo Dome. What's the best way to get there? And the best way to obtain tickets? Anyone with info please let me know. Thank you very much.

Bill
Comments
Re: Tokyo Dome on May 26?
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: May 25, 2006 8:22 AM | HAN Fan ]

You are cutting it a bit fine as you have to clear immigration and customs and then get from Narita to Tokyo (it takes about 1 and a half hours from Narita by train or limousine bus). Then you have to get to Tokyo Dome. If you have time I would recommend buying tickets at the ground - there may still be some available.
Re: Tokyo Dome on May 26?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 25, 2006 8:56 AM | YBS Fan ]

That's tomorrow! Cutting plans a little close?

Nonetheless, it all depends on how well you can get around in Japan. (Like, can you read Japanese? Have you ridden the subways in Tokyo?) Also, how much luggage will you be carrying with you? Are you staying somewhere in Tokyo?

Here is Yahoo's recommendation [in Japanese] involving a bus into Tokyo then taking the subway. Personally, I'd take the Keiyo Liner to Ueno, then Yamanote Line to Akihabara, then Sobu Line to Suidobashi. (But I prefer to stay above ground where I can see where I am.)

If you're staying at a hotel in Tokyo, there are a number of busses that will take you to (or near) the hotel, then you can drop your luggage off and catch a train (surface or subway) to Tokyo Dome. A taxi, while more expensive, is also a reasonable option from within most of Tokyo.

As for tickets, if you can somehow pull off getting to Tokyo Dome before 5:30, you may find tickets available, and they may be for standing areas only, but there are no guarantees. Nobody here recommends buying from dafuya (usually members of the local mafia).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.