Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Asian Games Lasting 20 or More Innings

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Asian Games Lasting 20 or More Innings
I have been conducting research to discover all high school baseball games which have taken 20 or more innings.

I have found 22 high school games so far: 4 in Illinois, 3 in California, one each in Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, and only two, so far, in Japan

It would seem reasonable to expect that in Japan, with so many high schools playing baseball, such a long season favored by a warm climate, and such a rich tradition leading up to the annual tournament at Koshien, that we should be able to discover more such games.

Do you know of any Asian games missing from the following list? I appreciate your help very much.

Phil Lowry
4323 Woodhill Road
Minnetonka, MN 55345 USA
(612) 281-2713
plowry1176 at aol d0t com

Japan

25 innings – Koshien Kyujyo (Stadium), Osaka, Japan – 8/19/1933 – High School League – Chukyo-shogyo 1 Akashi-chugaku 0 in 4:55 – ended at 6:05 PM.

25 innings – Shikoku Kyujyo (Stadium), Shikoku, Japan – 4/28/1958 – High School League – Takamatsu-shogyo 2 Tokushima-shogyo 0 in 5:47.
Comments
Re: Asian Games Lasting 20 or More Innings
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Jun 5, 2006 9:30 AM | HT Fan ]

- Koshien Kyujyo (Stadium), Osaka, Japan

Koshien is not in Osaka; it is in Nishinomiya City, which is in Hyogo Prefecture, the prefecture next to Osaka. Not the reply you were looking for, I fear, but FWIW.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.