Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Fantasy Baseball?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Fantasy Baseball?
Hello, I am a fantasy baseball nut and would like to know if there are any "Fantasy Baseball" leagues that cover Japanese baseball players and stats. If there is, are there any in English and what web site would I have to go to to participate? If not, is this something that is being planned for the future?

Thanks, Joe.
Comments
Re: Fantasy Baseball?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jun 28, 2006 8:53 AM | SFT Fan ]

A few years ago Fantasy Sports Japan used to cover fantasy baseball in English. Though a quick check shows it is Japanese only.

I know of no fantasy baseball websites in Japan that cover fantasy baseball in English. Right now, there just isn't enough popularity, it seems, for fantasy baseball towards an English fanbase, with the cost of maintaining it.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 28, 2006 9:04 AM | YBS Fan ]

Disclaimer: The computer this site runs on is owned by Fantasy Sports Japan.

Yes, there is Fantasy Sports for Pro Yakyu at Fantasy Sports Japan. It was once bilingual, however interest outside of Japan was too low to maintain the English side, so it's now in Japanese only. A quick search for "Fanatsy Sports Japan" on this site reveals these few threads.

The owner of FSJ and I have been talking about hiring me full time to take care of the bilingual problem and provide timely information like injury reports and such, something that's hard to get in Japanese, let alone English. But a VC deal that would guarantee that I could still feed my family has been delayed by unrelated matters, so we're both hoping something comes up by next season. Time will tell.

I'll pass on your request that something be done for the English audience.
[ Author: Guest: Furious George | Posted: Jun 30, 2006 3:51 PM ]

I'm in a deep 16 team fantasy league with a deep minor league system and I've made a point of getting some players from Japan in my system hoping for a better return on my draft picks than young players. So far I have Matsuzaka and Seung Yeop Lee on my minor league roster. I also have my eye on Fukudome and Toyoda. What are the chances that any or all of these players decide to test their talent in America?

Thanks.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.