Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

NPB Game Preview?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
NPB Game Preview?
Can you tell me where I can find preview for games in English?

Thanks.
Comments
Re: NPB Game Preview?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 28, 2006 1:58 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you want pre-game analysis? To know the pitching matchups?

Your best place for analysis in English is Japan Baseball Daily by Gary Garland. The Central and Pacific League reports give you a great idea about what's going on both on and off the field in NPB.

Only the Pacific League announces their matchups the day before, but I don't even know where to find that in a timely manner in Japanese, let alone English.

I wish I had the time to translate the daily "What to Look For" box in Nikkan Sports that I get every morning. But by the time I do have the time, the games are underway or almost over, making them irrelevant.

There's so much I'd really like to be able to do in this area, but there is too little time to even do the things that have a higher priority.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.