Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Akinori Iwamura

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Akinori Iwamura

Hi, my first time here. I am a Phillies fan who is interested in Iwamura as the Phillies need a 3B for 2007 and the free agent market is bare. Could any Japanese Baseball followers give my their thoughts on how well yo
think Iwamura could do in MLB?
Comments
Re: Akinori Iwamura
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Jul 30, 2006 1:04 AM ]

After watching him in the WBC, and in japan watching about 10 games live i think his hitting would be decent maybe a 270 average with 20 homers or something not sure just guessing but it would be okay, the downside is he strikes out so much in the japanese league just imagine him playing in MLB, and his fielding is less than spectacular, hes not a terrible fielder but the errors are a little high. hope this helps
Re: Akinori Iwamura
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Jul 30, 2006 7:37 AM ]

Here's a workup of his major league equivalents through last season: http://baseballguru.com/jalbright/analysisjalbright35.html#Akinori_Iwamura

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.