Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Buffs on the Fan Chart?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Buffs on the Fan Chart?
I don't see the Buffaloes on the fan chart. Is it because there are no registered Buffaloes fans?
Comments
Re: Buffs on the Fan Chart?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:15 AM | YBS Fan ]

There were some a while back. I guess they got fed up Nomura-kantoku.

But to answer your question, yes, it is because there are no registered Orix fans. I checked the database directly:
+-----------+-------+
| fav_team | count |
+-----------+-------+
| HT | 33 |
| CD | 13 |
| YBS | 4 |
| TYS | 13 |
| YG | 12 |
| HC | 7 |
| CLM | 8 |
| FSH | 8 |
| SL | 12 |
| HNHF | 5 |
| TRGE | 2 |
+-----------+-------+
As you can see, only 11 teams are represented.

To make sure that the Buffaloes are selectable, I temporarily selected them as my favorite team and got this result:
+-----------+-------+
| fav_team | count |
+-----------+-------+
| HT | 33 |
| CD | 13 |
| YBS | 3 |
| TYS | 13 |
| YG | 12 |
| HC | 7 |
| CLM | 8 |
| FSH | 8 |
| SL | 12 |
| OBs | 1 |
| HNHF | 5 |
| TRGE | 2 |
+-----------+-------+
Yokohama lost a fan and Orix gained one, so it looks like the web application is performing correctly. (Note: The chart is updated periodically, not live, so changing the settings yourself will not be immediately visible.)

It looks like the foreign fan base in Kansai may be swept up with Tiger Fever as the rest of the population is. And with just over 110 people registering a team favorite, the sample size is still too small for such a minor player (who's doing poorly) in that market.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.