Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

American Sized Jerseys?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
American Sized Jerseys?
I have been looking for years for a Yomiuri Giants jersey and found some on yakyushop.com but they don't have my size. I wear a size 54/56 (American) chest shirt. If anyone can give me the link or e-mail address of where I can find one that is large I would appreciate it. My e-mail is papabear11265 at yahoo d0t com. Thank you.
Comments
Re: American Sized Jerseys?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 23, 2006 5:17 PM | YBS Fan ]

This is a topic that's come up before. The fundamental problem here is that any legitimate retailer of NPB goods is unlikely to have anything in very large sizes (aka "American Sized"), because none of the clubs create licensed goods in such large sizes. The folks that run YakyuShop have requested them, but the teams just don't perceive it as a market, and don't make them.

A possible work around would be to order the largest one you can get, remove the patches from it, and put them on a similar shirt that fits. It may be a kind of expensive way to get your jersey, but would work. (For personal use, I see nothing wrong with this method. Just please don't sell unlicensed replicas - no matter how high the perceived demand.)
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.