Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Help With The Nichi-Bei Ballot

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Help With The Nichi-Bei Ballot
Is there anyone here who can offer to help with the second part of the NPB Ballot [Nichi-Bei 2006 Series NPB Ballot - In Japanese]?

I managed to translate the whole NPB ballot, as I did it for one of my blog posts [Eutaw Street Bombers].

However, if anyone could help with what is what on the ballot, and if we got to do anymore of filling information out in Steps 3 and Steps 4. Thanks.
Comments
Re: Help With The Nichi-Bei Ballot
[ Author: Guest: Michael Eng | Posted: Sep 25, 2006 1:10 AM ]

First Page

This first page has an overview of the vote.

Voting Starts: Wed., September 20, 2006 0:00
Voting Ends: Tue., October 3, 2006 17:00

How-to-vote

Don't ballot stuff (more than six votes in one day) or your vote(s) will be ruled ineligible.

A section explaining that 100 people will be given tickets to each game via a drawing of voters.

Then there is a privacy statement.

Step 1
The players are listed by position or role:
  • Starting Pitcher
  • Middle Reliever
  • Closer
  • Catcher
  • First Base
  • Second Base
  • Third Base
  • Shortstop
  • Outfielder
  • Designated Hitter
You may select one from each position/role, except outfielders in which three may be selected. To select a player, click on the radio box to the left of the player.

To write-in a vote, click on the radio box next to "その他," and use the drop-down box to pick the player's team. Then write-in the player's name box to "選手名:".
( ) その他  球団名: [---- V] 選手名:__________	
Click Choose Team Write Name
Clicking on a player's name will open up a page with profiles on all the players (in that position group). It also has has access to the league leaders page at NPB-BIS (the blue links at the bottom of the profiles).

To pick a Designated Hitter, select the team first, click on the blue button, then choose from the players on that team.

Step 2
A page to input your personal information. Fields with a red stamp (*) next to them are required.

• Your Lineup
  • Day to attend a game, if you win the 100-person lottery*
  • Name in Kanji:* Family then Given (Full Width; i.e. 漢字)
  • Name in Kana:* Family then Given (Full Width)
  • Telephone Number:* (Half Width; i.e. 1234)
  • Postal Number:* (Half Width)
  • Address:
  • Prefecture:* (drop down)
  • Street Address:* (Full Width; i.e. 1234)
  • Apartment: (Full Width)
Step 3
An overview of your inputs. Click on the yellow button to place your vote.

It looks like you may have to misrepresent your location to vote if you're outside of Japan.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Michael Eng
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.