Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yokohama Station to Kannai?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Yokohama Station to Kannai?
Commish, I guess this is for you. The Hyperpedia timetable says to take the Keihin-Tohoku Negishi line from Yokohama to Kannai, but once at Yokohama, I never found the line going on to Kannai. I found a platform for Keihin-Tohoku Negishi, but the sign indicated the trains on that platform were going toward Tokyo, and indeed, the two I saw were heading that way. Is there a second platform I didn't see? Is there a better way than hoofing it the mile and a half or so to the ballpark, which I ain't gonna do again.

Thank you.
Comments
Re: Yokohama Station to Kannai?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 30, 2006 8:20 AM | YBS Fan ]

Same platform, opposite side.

The side you want says that the trains to go Sakuragicho, Isogo, and Ofuna. If you have a compass, they're the south bound trains. It's just two stops, but occasional trains only go to Sakuragicho (the first stop after Yokohama) before turning around. If you catch one of those, it'll stop between the two platforms at Sakuragicho, opening the doors on the left side first to let people off, then on the right side to let people going toward Tokyo (or Hachioji) on. Just cross to the opposite side of the platform on the left side of the train and continue on the next train bound for Isogo or Ofuna.

Trains on the opposite side at Yokohama Station say they're going toward Kawasaki, Tokyo, and Omiya, with occasional ones for Higashi Kanagawa, Shin Yokohama, and Hachioji.

Hope this helps.
Re: Yokohama Station to Kannai?
[ Author: Guest: Steve Holmes | Posted: Sep 30, 2006 10:52 AM ]

Thanks for the info, Westbay-san. I've found a train to goes all the way from Tokyo to Kannai. This means, I hope, that I won't be panting and swearing tomorrow as I get to the park and will be in a much better mood. Will you be there?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.