Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Cuban Players

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Cuban Players
I am Cuban and would like to know how Cuban players are performing in your baseball. Where can I find updated information about them?

Best Regards.
Comments
Re: Cuban Players
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 7, 2003 9:54 AM | YBS Fan ]

Omar Linares is the only Cuban player (that I know of) currently playing in Japan. However, a quick look through Chunichi's current stats page (he plays for the Chunichi Dragons) shows that he hasn't played for the top team at all this season. I don't know how he's doing on the farm team, if he's playing there.

Wish I could have been of more help.

[Player link fixed on Jun 7, 2003 2:13 PM, JST]
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 8, 2003 12:39 AM ]

What a coincidence. Linares just got called up to the top team last night (June 7) and hit a three-run blast as a pinch hitter in the eighth. And my, quoting a KTV "spo-tsu" newscaster, "it was like Linares' younger brother was playing." Linares lost 11 kilograms and certainly looks much fitter and younger than the pudgy self he had been when he arrived last year!
[ Author: Guest: Einard | Posted: Aug 5, 2003 5:36 AM ]

I read the discussion list related with Cuban players in the Japanese baseball league. I'm Cuban, too, and I couldn't find 2003 Omar Linares stats (the Chunichi Dragon page is only accesible in Japanese). Please, could someone help me to update the stats?
[ Author: Guest: UMASS | Posted: Aug 5, 2003 6:03 PM ]

His stat (Aug 4):

Ave 0.247
G 35
AB 69
R 10
H 22
2B 6
3B 0
HR 5
RBI 23
BB 8
K 30
SB 0
OBP ,316
SLG ,483
[ Author: Guest: Cesar Lopez | Posted: Aug 12, 2003 9:49 PM ]

I would also like to know how Alex Ochoa is doing. Though he was born in Miami Lakes, Florida, his parents are Cuban and he is regarded as a Cuban by the exile community in the U.S.
[ Author: Guest: michel | Posted: Aug 14, 2003 3:44 AM ]

I would like to know why you don't post any pictures of different players and plays from your league?
Player Photos
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 14, 2003 9:18 PM | YBS Fan ]

I don't post any pictures because I don't have any that aren't copyrighted. If you have some photos of video that you've taken yourself, let me know and we'll arange a method to get them uploaded. But scanned photos or video taken from TV are copy protected. I am not a pirate.

On the bright side, I did manage to get to a game last weekend (Chunichi at Yokohama) and took a lot of video clips of the batters and pitchers. I'll make the videos and upload them the next time I have enough free time.

This thread has a list of players who have videos with their profiles. Perhaps none you were looking for, but...
Re: Player Photos
[ Author: Guest: carlos | Posted: Aug 26, 2004 5:52 AM ]

As a cuban baseball fan, I like baseball a lot. I think that all cuban people would like to see a picture of Omar Linares at the Chunichi Dragons' web site. If you please, you can visit these Cuban sites and see some of them: [Link - Cubaweb.cu] [Link2 - Baseball.ch] [Link3 - Olympic.org]

I am sure, so sure that you can pick out without any problem some of these pictures.

Thanks in advance!
Stats for Linares and Alex
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 14, 2003 8:59 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've been rejecting a lot of requests for stats lately because stats are available to those who take the time to look around the site. For both Linares and Alex, you can find their current stats by clicking on "Teams" at the top of this page, then "Stats" to the right of their team, the Chunichi Dragons. They're all on this site, in English.

Those looking for stats for other players, follow these instructions, substituting the team the player you're looking for is on.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.