Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Internet Broadcast and/or Inning Breakdown Sites?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Internet Broadcast and/or Inning Breakdown Sites?
This is probaly a stupid question, but I live in the U.S.A. and am a fan of Japanese baseball (I'm a Dragons' fan). Are there any radio broadcasts in English (I'm learning Japanese, but I'm not nearly good enough) that I could get? Or a web site that gives inning breakdowns of some sort?
Comments
Re: Internet Broadcast and/or Inning Breakdown Sites?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 13, 2003 7:39 AM | YBS Fan ]

Broadcasts in English? No. But there are a number of threads covering Internet broadcasts in Japanese. Please browse the forums a bit.

For play-by-play action, I often go to Yahoo Sports Japan. That, too, is only in Japanese. There are a number of similar sites that I've heard of, but can't think of off hand. (What do others use?)

Since you're studying Japanese, either way should help you learn - especially in combination. Listen to how the names are pronounced, and see the Kanji for that name.

Gambatte kudasai!
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Jun 13, 2003 9:18 AM | HT Fan ]

- What do others use?

The Hanshin official site has play-by-plays here [HanshinTigers.jp - in Japanese].
[ Author: ralphcor | Posted: Aug 27, 2003 4:26 AM ]

Where is the button that will allow you to listen to a broadcast in Japanese? I can't find one at TBS or at Yahoo.

Thanks,
Ralph
(A fan of Japanese baseball since 1962 when Doby/Newcombe played for the Dragons.)
[ Author: niibu_yaa | Posted: Sep 6, 2003 1:55 PM | FSH Fan ]

Go here [Yahoo Sports Japan] and access the audio through Chat by clicking the team name.
[ Author: niibu_yaa | Posted: Sep 6, 2003 1:52 PM | FSH Fan ]

The Hawks can be heard here [KBC.co.jp] with animations on who's batting, etc.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.