Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Detailed Stats for Matsuzaka

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Detailed Stats for Matsuzaka
Hi,

I know you get a lot of stats questions, but after hours and hours of searching, I can't find this on my own. I'm looking for Matsuzaka's career pitching splits for performance vs righties and vs lefty hitters. I found the 2006 splits (by splits I mean joukenbetsu seiseki) on the yahoo.co.jp site, but they don't have career numbers, just 2006.

Does anyone know if this is readily available somewhere, in English or Japanese (either is fine)? The more detailed the better, so, splits vs righties and lefties including BAA, K/BB rates, ERA, and WHIP. Though if anyone just has the raw data for righties and lefties, I could do the calcs myself.

Domo domo.

-Bill
Comments
Re: Detailed Stats for Matsuzaka
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 28, 2006 9:09 AM | YBS Fan ]

I have his opposing batting average splits for his rookie year of 1999 (from the "Egawa Suguru Scouting Report 2000," The Massada, ISBN4-88397-011-6):

.217 vs. Righties
.176 vs. Lefties

Unfortunately, no raw numbers are given for how that was calculated, so none of the other figures can be calculated.

Looking back, I wish I had bought the Scouting Report every year, but that was the last year I did.

I've entered all publicly available stats for Matsuzaka here. Unfortunately, that does not contain the detail you're looking for. I do hope to do something about the poor state of detailed data available in the near future. I doubt, however, that I'll be able to do anything retroactively until the more distant future, though.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.