Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese Baseball TV Shows?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japanese Baseball TV Shows?
Do you know of any Japanese baseball TV shows? I'm looking for a magazine type format with shelf life. Must be in dual language Japanese/English.

Thanks
Comments
Re: Japanese Baseball TV Shows?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 16, 2003 12:59 AM | YBS Fan ]

The best baseball TV show was Pro Yakyu News on Fuji TV. But after Nakai Miho married Yakult's Furuta and left the show several years ago, it's gone down hill until it became a segment of their late night news show.

Many people like NHK's baseball news program, but the name escapes me right now ("Sunday Sports"?). It never really appealed to me, though.

Neither of the above are bilingual. And I don't know of any that are. Also, I don't understand what the purpose of your search is, or even if you're in Japan were you can watch the above shows.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
[ Author: EvilEuro | Posted: Sep 19, 2003 7:48 PM ]

This only applies if you live in Los Angeles, but local station KSCI (Channel 18) broadcasts Fuji TV's Professional Baseball News Monday through Friday, starting at 11:30 PM. Some nights it runs longer than others. And some nights they really tick me off because it seems they cut the show short to start "Hey! Hey! Hey!" a little early. I swear, if I ever run into that little bald headed, goofy looking host and his fingers-in-the-light-socket haired cohost, I'm going to kick them in the nuts for their show interruputing my baseball news.

The broadcasts are in Japanese with no subtitles or SAP English. However, the teams are easy to figure out and the names on the back of the jersey are in English, so that helps.

EvilEuro
[ Author: niibu_yaa | Posted: Sep 23, 2003 5:23 PM | FSH Fan ]

Don't knock "Hey, Hey, Hey Music Champ." I miss that show. Where else are you going to see someone slap Hamasaki?
[ Author: EvilEuro | Posted: Oct 1, 2003 6:57 PM ]

I actually get a kick out of "Hey, Hey, Hey." I just get upset when they cut my Pro Sports News show down in time for it here and there. I have no clue what those two little dudes are saying 1/2 the time, but they're both just goofy enough looking and have such great physical mannerisms that I can't help but laugh. Granted, it's nowhere near as funny as the NHK Amateur Singing Hour for kitch and humour value, but it's close.

Which reminds me, I do also enjoy the NHK Sunday Sports Show. One of these weeks I will see if that is offered with an English SAP feed. I know that the regular daily NHK news at 7 is offered with an English SAP feed, which helps immensely on non-sports stories.

EvilEuro
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.