Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Borisov 2007?
Where is the Borisov site for 2007?
Comments
Re: Borisov 2007?
[ Author: Brimsek | Posted: Feb 26, 2007 6:24 AM | HNHF Fan ]

[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 1, 2007 7:33 PM | YBS Fan ]

I thought I had replied to this, but it doesn't look like it. Must have been the numerous e-mails I've received asking about Borisov-san's whereabouts.

Anyway, I've e-mailed Borisov-san and am waiting for a reply about his current status. When I hear from him, you'll all be the first to know.
[ Author: Guest: Mike Plugh | Posted: Mar 12, 2007 10:31 PM ]

He replied to me. Very cryptic and grim. It sounded like something terrible has happened, but I didn't pry. I don't think he's planning to resurface anytime soon unfortunately. I send my prayers out to him for whatever he's dealing with.
[ Author: Guest: Filippo | Posted: Mar 26, 2007 12:03 AM ]

Ma quando uscirà il sito dedicato al baseball giapponese 2007?
per favore mi appello al vostro buon senso, fate ricomparire il sito dedicato al campionato di baseball giapponese 2007, fatto come quello dell'anno scorso...!!!!
Babblefish translation from Italian:

But when will exit the situated one dedicated to baseball Japanese 2007? please I name me to your good sense, fairies ricomparire the situated one dedicated to the Japanese championship of baseball 2007, made like that one of the past year...!!!!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 26, 2007 10:23 AM | YBS Fan ]

I'm working on getting something equivalent to what Borisov-san had the past several years implemented. Now that the season has started and primary sources for the information have become available, it'll be much easier to develop and test.

I hope to have everything in place by the beginning of April. Please be patent.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 26, 2007 11:28 PM ]

Thanks. Can you post the website address when it is established? Thanks.
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Mar 27, 2007 1:53 PM ]

Westbay-san,

Nice going on picking up the slack since Borisov-san has fallen on hard times. I was going to suggest you do what you have decided already to set up.

You are the man!
[ Author: Guest: Tim D | Posted: Apr 2, 2007 12:56 AM ]

Is there anyplace else on the web to get player statistics in English besides Borisov's?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 2, 2007 1:04 AM | YBS Fan ]

I'm working on it. I've got standings and relevant links on the top page. I hope to have box scores (thanks to Deanna) in the next couple of days, as well as top/hot players over the next week or two.

Please be patent.
[ Author: Guest: Guest | Posted: Apr 6, 2007 6:57 AM ]

Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work. I'm can't tell you how happy I am that I can keep up with my team still with an English website. Love the box scores and I'm going to check everyday. And that would be awesome to get a league leaders board and hot players board up, simply awesome. Thanks.
[ Author: Guest: Guest | Posted: Apr 22, 2007 12:46 PM ]

How about some pitching statistics?
[ Author: Guest: s triplett | Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:20 AM ]

Is there anywhere on this website where you can go back to look at box scores? At the moment they seem to go off the screen after 7 days.

You are doing a awesome job picking up from the Borisov site. Thanks for doing what you are doing, it gives a lot of Japanese baseball supporters what they are looking for.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 24, 2007 2:30 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've whipped up a page to display all of the links here. It doesn't look very good at the moment. When it does, I'll make an easier to find link. Please just bookmark it for now.
[ Author: Guest: s triplett | Posted: Apr 24, 2007 8:44 PM ]

That's great. You sure have helped a lot of people picking up from the unfortunate situation with the guy who ran the Borisov website.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 25, 2007 6:20 AM ]

Pitching stats would still be great.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Apr 25, 2007 12:14 PM | SFT Fan ]

Be patient, they're on the way as mentioned over in this topic.

Check this page page [NPB-BIS Official Site] in the meantime for the basic pitching leaders. The categories from left to right are: ERA, Wins, Saves, and Strikeouts.
[ Author: Guest: Trankvilizator | Posted: May 1, 2007 4:47 PM ]

One more question. Are there any websites to find information about NPB starting pitchers? At the Borisov website it had information about starting pitchers in Pacific League.
[ Author: rockfender | Posted: May 1, 2007 9:54 PM | HNHF Fan ]

Well, this page from the official NPB site has the top PL pitchers ranked by ERA. It's all in Japanese, but you can figure out most of the categories by deduction (or you could copy and paste the kanji into a translator; Jim Breen's is my favorite). Not sure if there's an English version around or not.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: May 2, 2007 2:58 AM | NIP Fan ]

The page you want is Starting Pitchers for the Pacific League games, but it's in Japanese.
[ Author: Guest: Sziszi | Posted: May 10, 2007 3:37 PM ]

I'm being patient, but in the meantime if someone can provide link(s) to where I can find the season stats for Jeff Williams and Michael Nakamura, that'd be fantastic. I know what their names look like in Japanese, but not being able to actually read the language makes the team sites really challenging to navigate.

Thanks for your help!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.