Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Players Going Home

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Players Going Home
Now that the season is pretty much over, do most of the American players go back to the States?
Comments
Re: Players Going Home
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 2, 2003 11:00 PM | YBS Fan ]

Going back to the States, Canada, Venezuala, and other countries throughout the Americas, yes.

This is something I haven't every really understood. The pennant race is over, sure, but the season isn't over! I go through the radio and TV channels every night now, looking for baseball. But the broadcast companies all decided that there's nothing to broadcast until the Series. Every couple of days for the past couple of weeks there's been an announcement of another gaikokujin heading home. For the most part, it's been players on the DL or who were going to be cut anyway. (Actually, one went back to see his new-born baby real quick before he appears in the Nippon Series.)

But between the media no longer broadcasting, players going home a few weeks early, and the start of stove-league talk, I get real disillusioned about this time of year. Baseball is entertainment. The show must go on. Every game, win or lose, is important, whether it's for the pennant or not. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings. And she isn't scheduled to sing until the end of October.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.