Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese Team Jerseys?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japanese Team Jerseys?
I collect team jerseys, and with my recent spike in interest about Japanese baseball, I was wondering how I could get one since I'm not going to Japan any time soon.

I think importing them from online would cost like sin, and, what's worse, I can't read Japanese, so I don't know if what I find is exactly what I'm looking for. Is there any place online in English where I can find Japanese team jerseys? I've tried e-bay, Yahoo! Shopping, all that stuff, and I've found nothing. Seems the only way is to go to a site that I can't read. LOL.
Comments
Re: Japanese Team Jerseys?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 6, 2007 9:58 AM | YBS Fan ]

This is one of those cases where reading the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) comes in handy. It says right there in the Where can I get Pro Yakyu goods? Q&A:
Basicly, jerseys and caps can be found at the YakyuShop.
If you enter YakyuShop into the Google search box at the top of any page here, you'll find a mixed set of reviews on it. The two main complaints are that they (1) don't have American Sized (i.e. oversized) jerseys and (2) cost too much. Neither of these are at the fault of the YakyuShop, as (1) they sell official goods that the ball clubs put out, and the ball clubs here in Japan don't have American Sized customers for the most part, and (2) the U.S. dollar is weak against the yen in terms of clothing goods, and these are the prices you'll find in Japan.

Once you've taken the time to discover what's available to the English-only speaker, and learn about the background to the issues surrounding the selling of Japanese baseball goods, you'll find that the YakyuShop is your best bet.

I hope this helps.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: May 6, 2007 12:04 PM | SFT Fan ]

This is perfect. The prices are about right, especially here, since I'm in the heart of Red Sox Nation, and I've seen so much worse, especially at Fenway, lol.

Thanks a ton.
[ Author: rockfender | Posted: May 7, 2007 10:40 AM | HNHF Fan ]

Too bad YakyuShop doesn't sell vintage jerseys like this website does [Sports Kyoya on Yahoo! Japan]. Unfortunately, this site won't sell overseas. What a bummer!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.