Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Koji Gotoh?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Koji Gotoh?
I am trying to track down Koji Gotoh. He was a coach for the Tampa Yankees and former Yomiuri Giant. Does anyone know where he is now? My son and I became friends with him and lost touch with what team he may be working with in Japan.
Comments
Re: Koji Gotoh?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 22, 2007 1:14 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've been unable to find my paper Player Meikan for a couple of weeks now. So I visited each of the teams' sites and browsed through their staff pages. Unfortunately, I was unable to find Gotoh-san on any of them. So if he is still involved with baseball over here, it's with commentating and/or writing.

Wish I could have been of more help.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 22, 2007 5:46 PM ]

According to Wikipedia in Japanese, he's now the first manager of the Niigata Albirex Baseball Club in the Hokushinetsu Baseball Challenge League, which was launched this year as a new independent baseball league.
[ Author: Guest: Tampa Yank | Posted: May 22, 2007 8:11 PM ]

Thank you for your your help. It is appreciated very much.
Albirex Baseball Team
[ Author: Guest: Edwin | Posted: Jun 1, 2007 7:44 AM ]

Can anyone please forward me a website or any information on Niigata Albirex baseball team? I'd like to follow one my friends who now plays for the team, Hiroki Inaba.

Any information about where I can get an update or information would be very, very helpful, and thank you in advance.

Edwin~
Re: Albirex Baseball Team
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jun 1, 2007 9:54 AM | SFT Fan ]

Here [in Japanese] is the Niigata Albirex Baseball website.
Re: Albirex Baseball Team
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 1, 2007 9:57 AM | YBS Fan ]

Here is the official site for the Hokushinetsu Baseball Challenge League to which the Niigata Albirex are a member. [Both sites are only available in Japanese.] It appears that Inaba Hiroki was recently signed as they don't yet have a picture of him. Furthermore, he isn't yet listed as having played in a game on the league batting table, so I'd say that there isn't any news on Inaba-senshu to report quite yet.

On a related note, weather permitting, I hope to head up to Nagano this weekend to see the Shinano Grandserows vs. Toyama Thunderbirds. (The fourth team in the league is the Ishikawa Million Stars.)

I'm curious to know how much interest there is for the Kokushinetsu and Shikoku Island leagues? That is, do I want to go to Nagano with the plan to just enjoy baseball? Or do I want to seek out representatives to let them know that many English speakers are interested in the league as well?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.