Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yuichi Matsumoto?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Yuichi Matsumoto?
Does Yuichi Matsumoto get to play much, and is he the only current Brazilian playing in Japan?
Comments
Re: Yuichi Matsumoto?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jun 6, 2007 9:35 AM | SFT Fan ]

Looking at Matsumoto's profile [Yahoo Japan Profile], he's hasn't played with the top team all year. He's mainly been an extra outfielder and first baseman.

- ... and is he the only current Brazilian playing in Japan?

Looking at the Players by Nationality, yes, he is the only current Brazilian in NPB right now.
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Jun 8, 2007 11:31 AM | FSH Fan ]

Isn't Yuichi still hampered by injuries so far, therefore could not play? That was what I read before, or was he just not playing because of other reasons?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jun 8, 2007 2:42 PM | SFT Fan ]

- Isn't Yuichi still hampered by injuries so far, therefore could not play?

Yeah, that's what I read over at Japan Baseball Daily which confirms he injured his left ankle during batting practice in February.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 9, 2007 5:18 AM ]

Thanks for the info Jbroks86. The inclusion of the link was helpful. My Japanese is terrible and I couldn't search for other things that I was looking for.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.