Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Joe Valentine and the Chinuchi Dragons?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Joe Valentine and the Chinuchi Dragons?
Can you tell me why I cannot find any info on Joe Valentine? He is on team roster, but he has no stats. Is there a major and minor league in Japanese baseball?
Comments
Re: Joe Valentine and the Chinuchi Dragons?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jun 12, 2007 1:37 PM | SFT Fan ]

- He is on team roster, but he has no stats.

Valentine is on the team roster, but is pitching with the ni-gun (farm team).

Valentine [NPB-BIS Official Site - in Japanese] is 1-1 with a 5.23 ERA in 9 games with Chunichi's ni-gun team.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jun 12, 2007 1:43 PM | SFT Fan ]

Valentine was released [Japan Ball] by the Dragons on the 8th. He struggled with the farm team.
[ Author: Michael | Posted: Jun 12, 2007 1:49 PM | CLM Fan ]

He was released on June 8. He did not pitch any games for Chunichi's top team this year, due to elbow problems.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jun 12, 2007 2:52 PM | NIP Fan ]

I believe he was just put on release waivers by Chunichi, though I haven't seen much more detail than that about the situation.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.