Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Missing Player: Terrence Smith?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Missing Player: Terrence Smith?
Dear Commish,

It was brought to my attention that an American player (infielder) named Terrence Smith played in 4 games for the Hiroshima Toyo Carp in 2006 and had 9 AB and 2 hits. That was about all he did and was then sent back down to the minor league team. This player should be added to the 2006 roster. He is out of NPB but he was signed in 2002 outside of the draft.

Thank you.
Comments
Re: Missing Player: Terrence Smith?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 18, 2007 8:09 PM | YBS Fan ]

Could you please site your source?

I'm looking at the "2007 Baseball Record Book" by Baseball Magazine Sha which contains all of the official records for 2006. On page 675 is the full roster of the Hiroshima Toyo Carp for 2006. This includes all players who were on the team at any level (ni-gun (farm) and ikusei (educational) included) roster throughout the year, including those traded to and from the Carp. There is neither a Terrence nor a Smith listed.

Looking at the "2003 Baseball Record Book" for the 2002 rosters (on page 633), I also fail to find either a Terrence or a Smith.

I'm afraid that I need a verifiable source before I can enter such a player.
Re: Missing Player: Terrence Smith?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jun 19, 2007 12:42 AM | SFT Fan ]

I also can't find any mention of an Terrence Smith anywhere on the web, and can't find any mention of him in the Data Warehouse over at Japan Baseball Daily either.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.