Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Minor Leagues in Japan

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Minor Leagues in Japan
Are there minor leagues in Japan? Or do players go right from high school to the pros?
Comments
Re: Minor Leagues in Japan
[ Author: Guest: Bob | Posted: Feb 10, 2004 2:19 PM ]

Yes, there are minor leagues in Japan. The first team (ichi-gun) would usually draft players out of high school, college, or the Industrial Leagues and they would then play with the second team (ni-gun). The Industrial Leagues also serve as farm teams.
Amatuer or Minor Leagues in Japan
[ Author: jduval | Posted: May 1, 2004 5:25 AM ]

Hi my Name is Jacques Duval, I am 19 years old and I can't play ball for school. I am the next big thing to happen to baseball, and I wanted to know how I can get on to an amatuer, minor, or major leauge team. 'Cause honestly, I don't care where and I could care less about money. As long as I play I'm happy.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.