Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Translate Japanese into English

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Translate Japanese into English
I'm a big fan of Tetsu Yofu and visit his personal web site quite often. His messages are in Japanese and are hard for me to read them. I was just wondering if anyone can translate the following message he just put up into English? [Link - yofutetsu.com diary]

Thanks,

Frank
Comments
Re: Translate Japanese into English
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 14, 2004 1:31 PM | YBS Fan ]

I take it you're not familiar with Bablefish? Bookmark this link for the Fish version of his diary. The translations can often be (unintensionally) quite funny. Use it as an aid along side the original Japanese help teach yourself how to read.
Did Yofu Play in Taiwan?
[ Author: Guest: CPBL | Posted: Feb 18, 2004 1:50 PM ]

Is it me or did Tetsu Yofu once play in Taiwan? I came across his name, but I don't know whether or not it's the same pitcher.

In Taiwan, Yofu had a 2.21 ERA in 212 IP (31 games, all of them starts).
Re: Did Yofu Play in Taiwan?
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Feb 18, 2004 3:07 PM ]

Ahh. I somehow forgot about the Babefish.

Yes, Yofu played in Taiwan, and is quite famous in Taiwan because of the way he played the game. I believe he helped the Elephants to a championship? (Not sure.) And his charisma draws a lot of female fans.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.