Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Williams' Status?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Williams' Status?
Anyone know Jeff Williams' status or what injury he suffered? All I heard tonight was that he had practiced with the team. Kubota is making me nervous these days, so it would be nicer to have Williams healthy as well as we make our ascension into A class.
Comments
Re: Williams' Status?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jul 28, 2007 8:08 AM | SFT Fan ]

- Anyone know Jeff Williams' status or what injury he suffered?

According to Gary Garland over at Japan Baseball Daily, Williams was taken off the roster because of shoulder pain. It also mentions that a Tigers official mentioned the injury was minor, but since then I haven't heard anything new about Williams.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Jul 28, 2007 12:42 PM | HT Fan ]

On Sun TV last night the commentators were talking about how it was just a minor thing, and that the regulation ten days had passed (or were about to pass; I didn't confirm this, so don't take it as gospel) since his deactivation, and they speculated that we could expect him back soon.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 29, 2007 5:49 PM | YBS Fan ]

If you would please turn your attention to Williams' player page, you will see that he was sent to ni-gun on July 18 for inflammation in his left rotator cuff. That was according to Nikkan Sports the following day.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Jul 29, 2007 9:19 PM | HAN Fan ]

He was due to make an appearance this weekend (Saturday or Sunday) but didn't do so for obvious reasons.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 29, 2007 10:00 PM | YBS Fan ]

Naturally, right after writing that I go through the day's transactions and find that Williams has been re-activated. So that's his current status.
[ Author: Guest: JR | Posted: Jul 29, 2007 11:36 PM ]

Well, they didn't need him tonight, but it's good to have him back!
[ Author: Guest: JR | Posted: Sep 13, 2007 9:11 PM ]

Any update on Williams' return this time? All I hear during the game every night is something to the effect of "Williams is not on the bench with the team again tonight." The way they are overworking the bullpen, hopefully JFK will be intact for the final stretch.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.