Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Birthdates of Three Managers

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Birthdates of Three Managers
I'm looking for the birthdates (month, day, and year in English) of the following three managers:
  1. Sadayoshi Fujimura (a source has his birth year as 1904)
  2. Tokuru Konishi (a source has his birth year as 1894)
  3. Keiji Osawa
Thanks in advance for the help.

Jim Albright
Comments
Re: Birthdates of Three Managers
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 26, 2004 1:58 PM | YBS Fan ]

I have both Konishi Tokuro and Ohsawa Keiji in my database listed as 1894-07-10 and 1932-03-14 respectively (year-month-day). The source for both of these was a special on post 1950 managers in Shukan Baseball.

The only Fujimura I have is Fujimura Fumio, who managed the Hanshin Tigers in 1946 and 1955 to 1957. To do a proper search for Sadayoshi, I'll need more information, such as what team(s) he played and managed for, as well as years playing/managing. His name in Kanji would help as well.
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Apr 26, 2004 11:43 PM ]

Sadayoshi Fujimoto is in Japan's Hall of Fame, as the man who got the Giants going, managing them from 1936 through 1942. I believe he went into the service, and when he came back, the Giants' job was gone. In 1948, he took the reins of the Stars, which he held through 1956. In 1957, he moved to the Braves, managing them through 1959. Then in 1961, he took the Tiger job, leading them to a couple of pennants before leaving the job in 1968. Hope this is enough, because the kanji is beyond me.

Jim Albright
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Apr 26, 2004 11:51 PM ]

I have the -mura suffix on the brain, and so I messed up -- it's Sadayoshi Fujimoto. My apologies.

I didn't know you'd snuck even JHOF managers in your Meikan. I see his birthdate is 20 December, 1904. Thanks.

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.