Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Harlem Baseball Week (Holland)

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Harlem Baseball Week (Holland)
This friday the Harlem Baseball Week will start. We will finally see some nice games again here in Holland. Japan will also participate. They will play against Cuba this Saturday.

The Japanses players are from the Industrial League: Honda, Japan Rail, Toshiba, Osaka Gas, Matsushita, Seadax, Mitsubishi, Nissan, and more. Do you know were I can find information, especially stats, of to players / team?

Link to Harlem Baseball week: [Link]

Thanks,

Martin
Comments
Re: Harlem Baseball Week (Holland)
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 26, 2004 11:10 PM | YBS Fan ]

Kind of late, but I've been very busy. And this isn't a topic that's easy to answer. I don't have any Industrial League books, but have seen some from time to time.

Recently, the draft preview issue of Shukan Baseball came out with some information on many of the top Industrial League players. One of the top prospects in this year's draft is Takahiko Nomaguchi of Shidax. I see that he was also "Man of the Match" in Japan's 10-1 defeat of Cuba. Unfortunately, while the article ranks the various players (Nomaguchi is listed second after Meiji University right handed pitcher Yasuhiro Ichiba), it doesn't have any stats for the players.

The Japan Amateur Baseball Association web site is also lacking in any kinds of stats for their players. This information is just very hard to come by.

Wish I could find more information for you.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.