Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Robert Perez in Korean Baseball

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Robert Perez in Korean Baseball
I would greatly appreciate some information about Robert Pérez performance in Korea. I received stats from July 12, but I need an update on them.

Thanks in advance.

Luis Raul Vilamizar
Comments
Re: Robert Perez in Korean Baseball
[ Author: Guest: YJo | Posted: Aug 10, 2004 12:29 PM ]

As of today (Aug. 9th), his stats are as follows:
    G 90
    AVG .308
    AB 360
    H 111
    HR 15
    RBI 63
    SB 5
    BB 25
    SO 49

He plays for Lotte Giants team, one of the worst baseball teams in the Korean professional baseball league recently.

Although his bat was hot during the first half of the season, he went to the DL and is recuperating from his ankle injury.

[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Sep 2, 2004 6:44 PM ]

Is there any team contact information for the Korean League? Any web sites in English, or if not, any are okay. Thank You.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Sep 3, 2004 12:32 PM ]

- Is there any team contact information for the Korean League?

The KBO has a page with team contact pages. [Link - KoreaBaseball.or.kr]

The KBO web site has a English page, though it's not really informative. Unfourantely, there aren't many English web sites on Korean baseball.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 3, 2004 5:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

The main English language writer of Korean baseball, Thomas St. John, said last off season that he was building such a site, complete with stats. I just contacted him for a status report, and he says that he is still at about 70% complete, and to expect it this off season.
[ Author: Guest: Marysabel Crespo Pe | Posted: Sep 4, 2004 11:45 PM ]

Hi there!

I'm from Barquisimeto - Venezuela. Robert Pérez plays for our local baseball team, Cardenales de Lara. On the main page Link] you can find one forum. There, all the people are asking themselves about Robert Pérez, what's goin' on with him? And the most popular question is, his stats.

I could not find out the stats. It's hard because the Lotte Giant's web site is completly in Korean. When I click on the English buttom nothing happens, just open another page with the team's history, and I'm not interest in the history. I'm interest in Robert's Stats.

But anyways, I could not see the stats. Anyone can please give me his stats, the recent ones?

Thank you so much in advance!

Marysabel Crespo Peña.
Venezuela.
[ Author: Guest: Marysabel. | Posted: Sep 5, 2004 12:59 AM ]

They're interest in all the stats, specially in doubles and triples. We need to update all the stats we have.

Thanks again!

Mary.
[ Author: Guest: Dan | Posted: Sep 7, 2004 1:13 AM ]

Perez's stats thru the 6th of September are: .315 BA, 73 RBI, 18 HR, 56 R. He has 130 hits in 412 AB's. He has 6 stolen bases and a .485 slugging percentage.

For more info on the KBO in English. Check out the KBO Hyperboards.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.