Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Sho Nakata?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Sho Nakata?
Anyone know the latest on this phenom? Sho Nakata had indicated he would like to play for the Yanks, but I'd rather see him stay in Japan than end up in New York.
Comments
Re: Sho Nakata?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jan 30, 2008 11:51 PM | NIP Fan ]

Ugh, I stopped reading Nakata articles a while back because it's Koshien-style reporting. You know, like "Sho Nakata complains it's cold out and he can't find his gloves" is an article. I want to know what's up with the Fighters and all I can find is "Sho Nakata gets angry at his mom for telling embarrassing stories about him." And so on.

You can read more than anyone could ever possibly want to read (in Japanese) here on Nikkan Sports among other places.

(P.S. There's no way he's leaving Japan any time soon, where the heck do people get this stuff from?)
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 4, 2008 2:50 AM ]

Thanks Deanna, should be interesting to see how he produces over the next few years. Here is a link regarding the possibility of Sho coming to the U.S.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 4, 2008 9:31 AM | YBS Fan ]

That article was from March of 2007. Not noticing the date would explain why one would think he was still on the market.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.