Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Benny Agbayani

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Benny Agbayani
Just want to know why the Webmaster is not putting Benny Agbayani's name but addressing it only as Benny in the Statistics category. Is there a problem with his last name? It's not that long compared to other Japanese players' name.

Jay of New York
Comments
Re: Benny Agbayani
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 12, 2004 10:39 PM | YBS Fan ]

The reason is simply because his name was officially registered as "Benny," not Agbayani. Agbayani is actually one of the easier foreign names to say: A-gu-ba-ya-ni. Just one extra vowel.

I'm afraid that I don't know if he requested to be registered as Benny or if it was a marketing decision by the team. I'm sure that some friends of his and/or Valentine-kantoku read here. Anyone with first-hand knowledge?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.