Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Orix and Kintetsu 2005

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Orix and Kintetsu 2005
Can anybody tell me what is the new team name for the merged Orix and Kintetsu team in the coming years (2005)? Also, in which stadium will they play? Finally, what is to become of their former players?
Comments
Re: Orix and Kintetsu 2005
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Sep 26, 2004 2:09 AM ]

The new team will be called the Orix Buffaloes. From what I heard they will play in both Osaka (Osaka Dome) and Hyogo Prefectures (Kobe). The former players are to be put in a draft. For more information on the draft and the new team name, read the Pacific League Agrees to 28 Protected Players and Owners Sign Merger, Dumfounded by Players threads.
Re: Orix and Kintetsu 2005
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Sep 26, 2004 9:26 AM | HAN Fan ]

As of now the team will be called the Orix Buffaloes and will play mainly in Osaka Dome. They will be formed of players from the Kintetsu Buffaloes and Orix Blue Wave. Some players will be left over and it is likely that these will be offered jobs with the new Pacific League team that is forming.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.