Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Alex Ramirez' 2005 Contract

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Alex Ramirez' 2005 Contract
I learned that Alex Ramirez signed a new multi-year contract with Yakult. Does somebody know the terms of his contract?

More over, may you inform me about what are the publicity endorsements of the Venezuelan players (Cabrera, Petagine, and Ramirez) in Japan? I have known that Cabrera has been a sponsor for Mercedes Benz and Pepsi. Am I right?

My best greetings and regards,

Luis Raul Villamizar
Comments
Re: Alex Ramirez' 2005 Contract
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: Oct 21, 2004 1:49 AM | HT Fan ]

Ramirez signed a three-year contract for 7-oku en (700,000,000 yen). Upon completing the contract, he will have played for seven years with Yakult, which will tie him for the longest tenured foreign player in Yakult's history.

An interesting part of this deal is that Ramirez's (step)son will join Yakult's minor league team on a one-year, minimum salary contract (440-man en, 44,000,000 yen). Alex Junior is a 21-year old left handed pitcher. He will live with Alex Senior in Tokyo, but practice with the minor league team in Saitama. Junior won't have the benefit of a translator, so he's currently cramming Japanese.

Hope that's what you're looking for. It's basically a quick translation of this article [Link - SanSpo].
[ Author: Guest: jballfan | Posted: Oct 23, 2004 1:06 AM ]

Just a small correction, 440-man is JPY 4,400,000, not JPY 44,000,000. This is approximately USD $41,000.
[ Author: Guest: Woody | Posted: Nov 24, 2004 10:17 AM ]

For those of you who want info that is accurate and honest, Alex Ramirez has not signed any deal as of yet, he is still in the negotiating stage. Also, Alex Ramirez Jr. is his legal son, not his step son as indicated by a previous article.
[ Author: Guest: Luis Raul Villamizar | Posted: Oct 21, 2004 8:45 PM ]

Thanks a lot. I am completely satisfied with your answer.

Luis Raul Villamizar
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.