Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yokohama Baystars Web Site

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Yokohama Baystars Web Site
Maybe someone can help. My son, JJ, plays for the BayStars and I was able to get info off their web site in English until recently when they redid their site. I got the site in English off the Google search and got the translated version. Now when you go to their web site nothing happens. I tried Alta Vista Babelfish to translate, but nothing. Maybe someone can e-mail them and inform them of the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

John
Comments
Re: Yokohama Baystars Web Site
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 1, 2008 11:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've looked at their site map [in Japanese], and don't see any information in English. But the site is up.

Since the site was redone, the URL you had bookmarked probably doesn't exist any more, so they won't see it as a "problem." If you would like them to bring their English contents back, I can forward that request to them. If you think that the problem is something else, I'll need more information to report it, specifically the URL of the page you're having trouble with.

P.S. You may also want to read this post. Specifically the "Current Stats" section. I'll try to help out however I can.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 2, 2008 5:15 AM ]

Mr. Furmaniak, in case you didn't know, you can also watch the BayStars home games at http://www.tbs.co.jp/baystars/.

Good luck and I hope Jay Jay has a great season.
[ Author: rockfender | Posted: Apr 2, 2008 2:26 AM | HNHF Fan ]

Here is "Jason Furmaniak's stat page on NPB-BIS [in Japanese].

You can run this through Google translate and it does a decent job; unfortunately it writes out the actual numbers in words (e.g. 1 becomes "one"), but it gets the job done.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 2, 2008 10:07 AM ]

I find this translation page to be very helpful.
[ Author: Guest: john Furmaniak | Posted: Apr 3, 2008 4:40 AM ]

Thanks guys for all your help.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.