Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Lew Ford Baseball Card?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Lew Ford Baseball Card?
Dear Commish:

I would like to purchase Lew Ford's Japanese baseball card. I have plenty of Ford's baseball cards when he was playing for the Minnesota Twins.

However, I do not have his Hanshin Tiger's baseball card.

Please let me know where I can get one.

Thank you.

Jim Kanyusik
6939 Stevens Ave. So.
Richfield, MN 55423

e-mail - jamesekanyusik atMark yahoo d0t com
Comments
Re: Lew Ford Baseball Card?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Apr 3, 2008 10:41 AM | NIP Fan ]

BBM hasn't released the First Series for 2008 yet. When I went to a card shop the other day and asked about it they told me it'd be out on April 17th. Only the Rookie Edition 2008 and the SoftBank and Orix team sets are out so far, as far as I know. Well, plus Calbee potato chips cards, but I'm not sure Lew would have a card in the first wave for those either to be honest.

He will have a BBM 2008 First Series card though, so, be patient and wait a few weeks. If you really specifically want his card and don't want to just buy a whole ton of packs hoping to get one, there are some card shops here you could contact about it (but it's really unlikely that they speak English) -- they generally have plenty of single cards available for a set, once it's been around a while.
[ Author: Rocksfan | Posted: Apr 3, 2008 10:20 PM | CHU Fan ]

He'll also be in the BBM Tigers set which should be out this month as well.

Probably the best thing for you to do is to keep an eye on eBay. There are a couple of sellers who usually put up cards of each American player in the BBM sets, so I'd at least expect to see his First Version card offered there.
[ Author: Rocksfan | Posted: Apr 3, 2008 10:24 PM | CHU Fan ]

Also try Prestige Collectibles.

YakyuShop will have boxes of cards, but probably won't be able to get you a single card.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.